Sunday, April 18, 2010

(Bleep) Me, It WORKED!!

Whenever I am surprised by a product's performance, I can't help but think of the moment in the movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" when Will Scarlett is launching Robin and his moor sidekick into the stronghold using a catapult. Will's shocked face as exclaims, "F#@% ME, It WORKED!" is how I picture my own shocked expression. I have experienced a couple of those "AHA" moments recently.
#1 is the vocalpoint campaign I am in trying out J&J's Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I really was skeptical that it would make a difference, given our hard water and older limed-up tub/shower unit in this older mobile home. Not only is it keeping our new shower curtain, soap scum and lime free, it is slowly taking off the lime and rust AND our bathroom smells better, despite the presence of the kitty potty.
#2 is John Frieda's Root Awakening shampoo and conditioner. I had a SUPER coupon deal on two, which almost never happens, so I took a rare plunge and tried it. I have been using it only 1-2 times per week alternating with low allergen products. I enjoyed the feel and fragrance of the product with out the misery of allergic reaction. That in itself was a pleasant surprise. To my amazement as I shampooed last week, I realized that in the front of my scalp where a lot of hair had broken off from allergic itching, felt thicker! I just couldn't believe it! I am not saying it will do the job of Prescription hair regrowth media, but between reducing the allergic reactions and my scalp just plain feeling better, I believe by improving the condition of my scalp and roots, it allowed my damaged scalp to heal and begin new growth.
So, lets hear it for the Eureka/Aha moments that make trying new products worth the effort!

1 comment:

  1. BTW - You can get more info at: www.AutomaticShowerCleaner.com!

    Also, check out becoming a "BZZAGENT" like me and trying out what's new and cool! go to: http://www.bzzagent.com

    ReplyDelete